Saturday, September 13, 2008

Tanner's New Trumpet--Day 1


This was Tanner's first day playing his trumpet and it is obviously my first day trying to video. Camille and Jerel had just left for the airport and an hour later Tanner excitedly came home with his new trumpet.  Here he is on day one.  This was Labor Day weekend and by Tuesday morning he had managed to learn "Hot Cross Buns" perfectly.  He even got it out to show some of the mothers who were with their younger children while he was waiting for the school bus to come.  I ran to get my camera to video him, but I didn't get it in time.  I am only sorry that I don't have a video of him playing the song after he had practiced all weekend and he knew the song really well. Tanner has such a "joie de vivre"  in everything he does.  Maybe Camille can post an updated version of his trumpet playing on her blog.  

3 comments:

Camille said...

I have to admit, he's still working on the trumpet thing. While his playing is now not as "inexperienced" as your video, there are times that I wish he could practise outside. But the fun is that he knows when he's not doing so good and laughs right along with me. He actually played really well the other day for Jerel and his brothers.

Camille said...

I just played the video again. That's only something that a Grandma could sit through and love. :)

Cherilee said...

I will have to agree with you 100%. Camille has done an excellent job with her boys. Oh by the way Liz just got off the phone with Dave. She wanted me to tell you that. And he seems like a nice guy.