Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Giant Carpet of Begonias . . . .

Happy Spring from Brussels, Belgium!
( I visited Brussels in 1966.)
Every year in the Grand Place Square in the center of Brussels, 
over a million Begonia plants are placed to make beautiful designs. 
These giant carpets of flowers are 300 square meters in size. 
 Notice how small the people look in the photos.
Every year they make a different design. 
 The above carpet of flowers used a Medieval design.
Here is a night time view from a previous year.

3 comments:

Camille said...

That is so cool!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

This is so beautiful, thanks for posting it. It's truly amazing, isn't it?

Cherilee said...

Bonnie, I love seeing the pictures of all the places you have been. I keep telling people that when they go somewhere to send me a postcard, because that is the closest I will ever get! I think this is neat.