Saturday, June 6, 2009

Chase, puzzles, Mentos, & Coke


My oldest grandson, Chase, came up for BYU's Especially for Youth and spent all Sunday afternoon and night with me. It was so fun to have him here.  We put together a puzzle which took the length of two movies to accomplish because there were so many totally white pieces.  Chase did 75 per cent of it. He's been good at puzzles since he was 3.  Isn't he so grown up and handsome?

Then we went outside to experiment 
with putting Mentos in Diet Coke.
Watch the video below:


I wonder how they made it look so good on Myth Busters?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chase had a great time at EFY. Thanks for taking good care of him and making sure he got where he needed to be.

Camille said...

Thanks mom for all you did for Chase this week--especially when he got sick. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun together--and good food too.

TeamGornold said...

how fun

TeamGornold said...

How fun, I love puzzles and coke! I meant to write that whole thing in my first comment, but i didn't.

Charlene said...

I love the fact that you were able to have a one on one with one of your grandchildren. I would never have the patience to work on such a huge puzzle. I am patient about a lot of other things, but I would never have the patience to do it myself (unless, of course it was a great social activity to have time doing something with someone you love.

Cherilee said...

Hey, the mentos and coke thing is so cool. My brother Teep showed me this project 2 years ago. I was so amazed. He said that anything with gum arabic in it would do the same thing as mentos. Well that's chemistry for ya.