Monday, June 15, 2009

Memorial Day Flowers & My Yard

This is what Randy and Vickie's grave looked like on Memorial Day. I brought the sunflower, carnation, lily bouquet, and I know that Steve, Jen, Tricia, and Bentley brought something, and I am guessing some of the mum plants were also brought by Alan Bray and Russ and Sherry because they brought mum plants last year. However, I don't know who brought what, so please write a comment and let me know what you brought.
The following pictures are of what the flowers look like in my yard.
The pictures above and below are by the front door.
Here are some Iris that I planted by the back fence.



Here is the new Aphrodite Rose of Sharon tree I planted in the front yard, so the front flower bed could get more light--plus add some more color to the front yard. I also planted 2 Forsythia bushes--one in the front yard and one in the back, so I could have more color and brighten up the yard in the spring.
Below is what the blossoms of the Rose of Sharon tree will look like in July and August. It is supposed to bloom this year. I sure hope it does. I can hardly wait until is gets bigger and has hundreds of blossoms.

5 comments:

Camille said...

Mom, your yard looks great! See ya soon!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Your flowers are very beautiful and the graves look very well loved.

bebe said...

We love the way that removing the pine opened up so much space for flowers...I can't wait to help you fill it in!

Cherilee said...

Bonnie, you have a green thumb. Right now my weeds are taking over my yard. I remember going down to Grandpa and Grandma Anderson's home and admiring Grandpa's flowers.

Charlene said...

When I came over the other day, I really admired how nice your yard looked and I especially like the effect of the hanging basket of flowers in the front yard. After all the work we did to try to bend our unbendable knees to plant the pansies in the front yard, the consistent rain kind of drowned the poor little pansies and most of them gave "up the ghost" and perished....DARN! Charlene