Monday, February 28, 2011

2 Valentine's Day Candy Houses in 2 Days

When I flew to Boise in November, I took 2 suitcases--one with clothes and the other was full of candy, cookies, and cereal. After we ate a delicious Thanksgiving dinner at Nickie's, I thought the grandkids would have fun watching me make a Candy/Cookie house, so Nickie and I made 2. One for her children and one for my dear friends, Dan and Diane Edwards. Two weeks later I flew down to Mesa, Arizona, taking 2 more suitcases and made another Candy/Cookie house for my 5 grandsons down there. I wanted to make 2 more at Christmas time for my 4 grandchildren who live in the Salt Lake area, but I was so busy with my Christmas project for my sister Charlene, that I didn't get the other 2 houses made. Therefore, I decided to make them for Valentine's Day. This being a little unorthodox, I decided to call them Hansel & Gretel houses, so I bought 2 Hansel and Gretel books, made Scandavian Heartbaskets and filled them with candy, thus receiving the Candy house for Valentine's Day would make sense.
Here's the cute book I bought
and the heartbaskets that I made for Karli and Sage.
They were both such good readers
they both could read the book to me.
Sage and Karli with the first house on February 13.
Avery and Nash with their Valentine House.

Nash with his heartbasket--
notice it is without the candy since he already ate it.

5 comments:

Charlene Newell said...

Bonnie, these houses are extraordinary..There are so many hours of dedication and sacrifice to have such a beautiful product.......The true sweetness of your gift is the love and caring that also went into such a gift for your grandchildren......I admire you.....love, Charlene

Unknown said...

I love, love, love the beautiful houses. Truly you are gifted to be so creative. I am always amazed at how diverse you are my friend. It was so good chatting with you! Take care, love you ... ;) & <3 LOL Keep in touch! Miriam

Cherilee said...

Bonnie, I love the houses. You are so talented and such a caring person.

Nickie said...

I've never seen that Hansel and Gretel book before, I will have to go on the lookout for it, it looks adorable-as do your cookie houses!
That is beautiful and very Valentine-y. I love all the pink, no wonder Sage and Karli loved it, it's so girly and pretty! It makes me want to make another one!
Not tonight though, I'm exhausted and I'm going to go fall into bed now.
Love you!

Keiko said...

You are artist and a very good cook.
you are not changed at all.