Saturday, April 25, 2009

Jerel Runs in SLC Marathon

Jerel, Camille's husband, came to Salt Lake last weekend and ran in the Salt Lake City Marathon in order to raise funds for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.   Jerel's team was entitled Steps-4-Sisters in honor of his sister Shannon, who passed away from this disease last October 5, 2008, and another sister, Lindy, who fights this disease every day.
Here Jerel is crossing the finish line after running 26.2 miles.  Jerel and his family were able to raise over $15,000.00 in donations for this important cause.  I am proud of you, Jerel, for having the tenacity to do this! 

Here are Tanner, Jordan, and Trevor waiting for their dad to cross the finish lineThey had to wake up early to go watch, and Trevor still looks a little sleepy.
Here are Chase, my oldest grandson, and my daughter, Camille, waiting for Jerel to cross the finish line. I love them all so much and I  was so happy to have them here, so I could enjoy their company even though their trip was very short.  (I am amazed at how mature Chase looks and I still love Camille's cute dimples.  My mom always said that dimples are where the angels kissed her when they brought her here to earth, so that is what I always think of when I see my beautiful daughter and her cute dimples.)  

6 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Wow, amazing that anyone could run that far and not be dead. I'm so impressed. I don't think I could walk that far.

Love the photos of the family. Camille is verrry beeeutiful, angel kisses and all.

Bel said...

What a beautiful family, I always look forward to her Chrismtas card with their beautiful family photo. I am glad he was able to take part in the marathon for a good cause, what a wonderful service. We just found out what this new baby will be, check out my blog, we are so excited!!

Nickie said...

Run Dad Run!

Camille said...

It was fun coming up--but the trip was definately too short. Love ya mom!

bebe said...

Way to go Jerel! It was great to see the family again. I am so inspired by the amount they raised. I sure hope they can find a cure!

Cherilee said...

Okay, I gotta say I love the T shirts they are wearing "Steps 4 Sisters". Jerel did awesome! What great family support.