Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hankies, Hoses, Raincoats, and Curls

When Camille learned to walk at age 13 months, she felt that she needed to have a hanky or wash cloth on her head at all times.  If I wasn't paying attention when I would go visiting teaching, Camille would find their bathroom and then reappear with one of their wash cloths on her head.  She always would put it on so one corner would be in the middle of her forehead and two other corners would be just above each of her ears. In the above photo, she's wearing one of my old fashioned circular hankies.  She would go around all day like this.  (Aren't kids creative? London likes wearing socks on her hands and arms that she calls "chomp-chomps" and Camille loved having hankies on her head.  I'm guessing she thought she was just beautiful that way.) 

Camille was very proud of her first raincoat. 
Camille is sitting in the rain watching raindrops falling on her hand.

Camille loved her toy puppy.  She is sitting on her favorite quilt which was made by her Grandma Cook. It had to go everywhere with her.  When she was about this same age, she had to have her adnoids out.  When they took her down for the surgery, she cried so hysterically for her blankie that the nurse had to come back and get it, so she would calm down.  As soon as she got it, she immediately stopped crying. Her quilt started out bright pink, but ended up almost white because it was washed so much through the years.

Taking it easy at Nanny and Grandpa Anderson's house in Price.

Notice Camille's beautiful curls in these 2 photos. 
Chase, Jordan, Tanner, and Trevor, I  hope you have enjoyed seeing these photos of your mom when she was a little girl.

Camille was a perfect little girl. She never gave me a bit of trouble when she was little.  She was just a joy to raise.  She basically potty trained herself.  She went to the hospital and came back potty trained.  After her surgery, she never had a wet diaper again at night.  She was potty trained  in about 2 weeks from start to finish.

I love you so much, Camille!

Love,
MOM

2 comments:

Cherilee said...

I love the picture with Camille sitting on the steps in her raincoat with her umbrella. It reminds me how sensitive children are to the beauty of nature. I think I would have ran indoors because of the rain.

Camille said...

Man, I sure was cute when I was little, wasn't I!! But what is up with all the green and 70's yellow outfits? lol