Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Thanks for remembering me on Mother's Day


Ever since Camille moved to Arizona, she has sent me a Mother's Day corsage, which I have always treasured receiving.  For the last 3 years, she has sent me a gardenia corsage, which literally has made me cry every time I  have received one.  Receiving a gardenia is extra special because it reminds me of the gardenia tree we had in our Billings, Montana, home. Thanks, Camille for being so thoughtful. 

Here is a photo of the gardenia tree we used to have.
There are over 36 gardenias on the tree in just this one photo.
I loved sitting in my gardenia scented living room.
Over the course of one blooming season, 
it would bear over 120 blossoms.

After church, I was surprised by a delightful Mother's Day phone call from Ethan. We had a long conversation about Bakugans, his friends, his sisters, and school. Thanks, Ethan, for such a nice gift. Unfortunately, I had to hang up before I could talk to London and Nickie, so I will call them today and see how they are doing. 

My beloved sister, Charlene, gave me this rose and also invited me over for dinner.  However, I had also been invited over to eat dinner at Vicki Hill's, house, too, so I ate at Vicki's and then went to Charlene's for a delightful visit.  I love you both so much.  

Vicki has been my dear friend ever since we lived next door to each other when we were teenagers in Price.  My favorite thing to do was to climb in Vicki's bedroom window and then leave by walking out past her parents in the living room--making them wonder where I had come from because they had not seen me come to their front door. I loved the surprised look on her dad's face when I did that for the first time.
Dee and Angie brought me these incredible tulips and this lovely basket of personal items.

During their Mother's Day visit, Nash went downstairs and built this puzzle all by himself, which really impressed me because the last time he tried to do it a few months ago, he needed a lot of help doing it.

Here's gorgeous little Avery.

When Camille and family came up for Jerel to run in the Salt Lake Marathon, Camille gave me these two pictures that I just love.  They are even signed by the artist/photographer who happens to live in their stake in Mesa. He actually hired people and then went to special locations in order to photograph these very realistic scenes from the life of Christ. I think he was truly inspired and so were the people in the photographs. I am still looking for just the right frames for them. 

I especially love this one because it shows Jesus laughing and hugging his beloved cousin John who had just baptized Him. All my life I have only seen sober pictures of Jesus Christ.  I had never thought about Jesus laughing before, but why shouldn't He laugh and show joy?  He had just "fulfilled all righteousness" by setting the example of what we all should do, and He was also baptized by someone he knew and loved.  

Thanks also to Jen and Steve who called and wanted to come by and see me, but I  wasn't home when they wanted to come by.  I am so sorry that I missed you.  You are always so thoughtful in remembering me and for including me on special occasions, like Karli's VIP Day at Kindergarten.  The following post is about her special day, so keep reading.

4 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

What a lovely day for you and what lovely memories. I love that photo of Jesus' baptism the most. I hope every day in heaven is that happy or I'm not goin'.

Camille said...

I'm glad you love the pictures and the gardenia. I love you mom!

Charlene said...

Reading your blogs is always such an adventure..I would love to have a copy of those pictures. How can I procure them? Also, I am glad that so many people remembered you on Mother's Day. I had a flashback of fond memories when I saw Karli's VIP day pictures. Always treasure the happy moments of life...They will get you through the darker days...

Nickie said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful mother's day. Sorry again that I didn't get to talk to you on the day.
Love you!