Saturday, July 5, 2008

Progression of a Sunrise





       Reawakening

My feelings for you
Are as eternal
As my very soul.
I did not need 
To learn to love you.
The day we met 
I knew who you were.
I simply recognized you.
My love for you
Is only a reawakening---
A continuation of feelings
That have existed 
Before the world was.
    ---Written by Bonnie

During my first phone conversation with Randy, he told me, "Bonnie, I feel like a little bit of sunshine has come back into my life." I felt the same way.  It did not take me long to discover that Randy had every quality that I had always considered important.  He had a marvelous sense of humor, he was very intelligent, handsome, creative, artistic, hardworking, stable (he was employed at the same job that he hated for over 34 years--now that's stability), and he was musically inclined.  He could play the trombone, he had a beautiful bass voice, and he could play the guitar.  All of my life, I have gravitated towards guitar players.  At B.Y.U., I used to sing and perform with a guy named Arnold Logie, who played the guitar.  Then when I moved to Billings, Montana, I met another guitar player.  We performed for an interdenominational Christian group called FOCUS.  However, every guy I have ever met pales in comparison to my beloved Randy.  From the first time Randy called me, I felt like I could tell him anything.  I felt like I had known him forever. Being with him felt familiar and easy. My Reawakening poem explains how I have always felt about Randy.  
I will love you forever, Randy!


6 comments:

Camille said...

Jordan and I both thought the pictures were beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love the poem Reawakening. It's beautifully written and gives real insight into your eternal love for Randy.

Nickie said...

Man, I'm glad you didn't marry that Arnold guy...your name would have been Bonnie Logie...Logie-man, what a bummer of a name.
Bonnie Sorenson sounds much better.

Logie?
The pictures were beautiful, by the way. If I'm ever up with a sunrise it's because one of the kids threw up or worse (yeah, there's worse that throw up in this house). Anyway, I just don't get to enjoy sunrises, it's nice to enjoy one once in a while.
love ya!

Camille said...

K, Nick, your comment about Logie--I literally laughed out loud--don't know why, but funny! I think you're a great writer Mom!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Your poetry is beautiful. If I were to ever write poetry it would be a bad limerick--not a dirty one, just badly written. More power to you, girl.

I hope you are finding some joy and happiness in the little things.

bebe said...

I really think your poems are incredible! I can really relate to the ending of this poem...a reawakening of your soul. I always dreamed of the man that I would marry from a young age. I had a feeling in my heart for this person I had never met. When I fell in love with Steve, it was a recognition of my life-long dream and soul-mate. I was drawn to him and I felt like we had always been together, somehow. Thank you for sharing your gift of expression that perfectly put into words that feeling and experience.
Much love,
Jen