Saturday, July 5, 2008

To My Light, My Love, My Best Friend

I have always loved seeing Randy's signature laugh--when he would throw his head back and exhibiting such utter delight as only he could do. 

To Randy---
Sensitive
Intelligent
Caring
Friend

You brighten my day
Bring laughter to my lips
Light to my soul.

You have accepted me
As I am
And I have become
A better me.

To walk with you
Is to walk 
In sunshine forever.

My days will never
Be the same
Because we met.

---Written by Bonnie

5 comments:

Camille said...

I loved Randy's laugh! Jordan says he loved it too.

Unknown said...

I love seeing the picture of Randy enjoying a full laugh. It really captures the heart of this kind man.

bebe said...

To see the picture, you can hear the robust laughter in your mind. The head thrown back and the laugh with the comment about to make ita way out. Great photo!!

Nickie said...

I really like that picture, he just looks so...dad.
You are such a talented writer.
See? Isn't blogging a good outlet? At least I think so, you can go from bugs in your hair to vacations to great memories like this.
love ya!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I feel your grief, Bonnie, I am so sorry that you lost this wonderful man. This is a beautiful picture, you are gorgeous and he is in full form, isn't he? Laughing full out. I wish I had known him more than just a "how do you do."

I would love a copy of his funeral if you have an extra. It was one of the best funerals I have ever been to. So honest, so funny. I cried and laughed and cried some more.

I hope you can heal. It will take time.