Saturday, July 12, 2008

Randy's Riviera Restoration

Last October Randy decided to get his 1965 Buick Riviera repainted. He
 wanted to strip off the old paint in order to get rid of any rust that it had.
Here is a photo of the Riv at the end of February 2008
 (the last time Randy saw it).

Rear panel, devoid of paint.

Another view from the driver's side rear.

This is how the car looked the day of Randy's funeral.
Randy's 4 children and I rode in the funeral procession in the Riv.
Since Randy passed away before seeing its new paint job,
we were hoping that his spirit could at least see it finished.
Randy's 1965 Riviera Gran Sport was his pride and joy.
Gran Sport means that is has 2 four-barrel carburetors.
There were only 3,300 white Gran Sports made in 1965. 
It has always been in the family.  Randy's Uncle Milt Brown 
was the first owner and this car was made specifically for him.  
Randy was its second owner. 
We plan to always keep the Riv in the family. 



3 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

A beautiful car and I'm glad it went to the funeral. Of course Randy saw it.

Bonnie, I can't find your email. I have 21,360 messages in my inbox. As you can see, I never--or very rarely--purge.

Send me your email address and then I can do a search.

TeamGornold said...

You sure went the rounds with the paint guy on dad's car. It is worth it though as I am sure he is very proud! The restoration pictures are cool. Your blog is great!
Much Love
Shirt and B

Unknown said...

COOL CAR!!! My dad's project was a 1966 Pontiac LaMans convertible--summertime yellow with black leather interior. I love the classics!